What To Expect At Your First Visit
Dr. Elliott and his team are excited to welcome you to our office. Your first appointment will consist of a thorough orthodontic examination and a discussion of diagnosis and treatment options. This important 45-60 minute visit will give us insights into your orthodontic needs. We know your time is valuable, so to expedite treatment, we may also offer to begin the process of starting treatment the same day.
During the initial examination, we will address the following questions that cover the basics of orthodontic treatment. We encourage you to ask questions as well.
- Is there a condition that can be treated with orthodontics?
- When is the proper time to begin treatment?
- What are the recommended treatment options?
- Will any primary or permanent teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will treatment cost?
- What are my payment options?
We insist that our patients leave the office with a clear understanding of their specific needs, what the treatment will consist of and how long it will take. Also, we will answer any additional questions.
Please assist us by providing the following:
- If you have orthodontic insurance, bring your insurance card. By providing this information before or at the first visit, we will be able to give you an accurate estimate of your investment.
- All new patient questionnaires filled out in it’s entirety prior to your appointment time. This can be done online or we can mail the forms to you in advance.
- Enough time to complete your evaluation and explanation of treatment plan options.
What are Diagnostic Records?
Study models of your teeth.
Panoramic and cephalogram radiographs.
Doctor’s studying the diagnostic records and determining the best course of treatment.
What is the cost of the treatment?
The cost of treatment depends upon the severity of the patient’s problem, appliances needed and type of treatment. The treatment coordinator will discuss fees and payment options, during the initial exam, if treatment is required. We have different payment plans to suit your budget and accept assignment from most insurance plans. We work hard to make orthodontics affordable.
What does my investment include?
All Inclusive Treatment Fee
Our treatment fees are all inclusive, meaning that your full treatment fee includes:
- Orthodontic records, which consists of CT scans, digital study models and photo images. All images are shared with your general dentist.
- A customized treatment plan
- All active appliances in original treatment plan
- All appointments during active treatment
- Removal of appliances at the end of active treatment
- Two sets of final retainers for our comprehensive (Phase II) patients. If retention is indicated for Phase 1 (early interceptive treatment) patients, one removable or fixed retainer is included.
- One year of follow-up visits to monitor retainers. Patients who receive Phase 1 treatment will be monitored through periodic observation appointments (complimentary) until they are ready for full comprehensive (Phase II) treatment.
What doesn’t my investment include?
- Work performed at other dental offices outside our orthodontic practice.
- Treatment plan changes that result in additional appliances or longer treatment time.
- Bonded retainers
- Replacement of lost or broken retainers
Assignment of Benefits
We accept assignment of benefits from most insurance plans. By doing this, the family’s out-of-pocket expense is substantially lower. If we do not accept assignment of benefits from your plan, we will be happy to either file claims so that the insured can be reimbursed directly or provide the necessary documentation for you to file the claims. Should there be any change in your policy prior to full payment of the insurance benefit, please contact our office immediately so adjustments may be made to your contract.
It is our goal to see you, on time, for your appointment. Time is scheduled to complete the necessary procedure, give information about the treatment and answer any questions you may have. In order for us to maintain a schedule that runs in a timely manner, we request that patients arrive on time to avoid delays, as the day progresses. Your cooperation and consideration with appointments is greatly appreciated by our office and the patients that are seen after your appointment.