What To Expect At Your First Visit
Dr. Elliott and his team are excited to welcome you to our office. Your first appointment will consist of a thorough orthodontic examination and a discussion of diagnosis and treatment options. This important 45-60 minute visit will give us insights into your orthodontic needs. We know your time is valuable, so to expedite treatment, we may also offer to begin the process of starting treatment the same day.
During the initial examination, we will address the following questions that cover the basics of orthodontic treatment. We encourage you to ask questions as well.
- Is there a condition that can be treated with orthodontics?
- When is the proper time to begin treatment?
- What are the recommended treatment options?
- Will any primary or permanent teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will treatment cost?
- What are my payment options?
We insist that our patients leave the office with a clear understanding of their specific needs, what the treatment will consist of and how long it will take. Also, we will answer any additional questions.
Please assist us by providing the following:
- If you have orthodontic insurance, bring your insurance card. By providing this information before or at the first visit, we will be able to give you an accurate estimate of your investment.
- All new patient questionnaires filled out in it’s entirety prior to your appointment time. This can be done online or we can mail the forms to you in advance.
- Enough time to complete your evaluation and explanation of treatment plan options.
What are Diagnostic Records?
Study models of your teeth.
Panoramic and cephalogram radiographs and tracings.
Doctor’s studying the diagnostic records and determining the best course of treatment.
What is the cost of the treatment?
The cost of treatment depends upon the severity of the patient’s problem, appliances needed and type of treatment. The treatment coordinator will discuss fees and payment options, during the initial exam, if treatment is required. We have different payment plans to suit your budget and accept assignment from most insurance plans. We work hard to make orthodontics affordable.
What does my investment include?
Your investment includes:
- Orthodontic records, which consists of x-rays, study models and a personalized growth study workup to determine your treatment objectives.
- Active treatment fee for both early treatment options and complete comprehensive treatment with braces or Invisalign includes all appliances, office visits, and procedures performed in the office. Appliances are durable and should last through the entire treatment period if the patient follows instructions. If appliances require replacement due to loss, breakage, misuse or failure to eliminate foods that cause damage, we reserve the right to charge an additional replacement fee.
- One set of final retainers for our comprehensive (Phase II) patients is provided upon completion of treatment. There is a replacement fee for each additional retainer that is lost or broken.
What doesn’t my investment include?
Work performed at other dental offices outside our orthodontic practice.
If an accident or injury occurs during treatment which results in TMJ (Temporo-Mandibular-Joint) complications, additional orthodontics, orthognathic surgery, etc, a fee adjustment may be required to complete treatment under these unusual circumstances.
Assignment of Benefits
We accept assignment of benefits from most insurance plans. By doing this, the family’s out-of-pocket expense is substantially lower. If we do not accept assignment of benefits from your plan, we will be happy to either file claims so that the insured can be reimbursed directly or provide the necessary documentation for you to file the claims. Should there be any change in your policy prior to full payment of the insurance benefit, please contact our office immediately so adjustments may be made to your contract.
It is our goal to see you, on time, for your appointment. Time is scheduled to complete the necessary procedure, give information about the treatment and answer any questions you may have. In order for us to maintain a schedule that runs in a timely manner, we request that patients arrive on time to avoid delays, as the day progresses. Your cooperation and consideration with appointments is greatly appreciated by our office and the patients that are seen after your appointment.